Last modified March 10th, 2022
1. Why and how do you collect my data?
2. What information do you collect?
When you interact with us through the Service, we may collect information from you, as further described below.
We collect information from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you register for access to our Services. Information we collect may include but are not limited to:
- Chat data: We store username, user discriminator, user id, email address, and any messages via the chat feature of a chat or social platform temporarily to support you and others in preventing spam on aforementioned platform.
- If enabled (off by default), we share anonymized message data with Perspective, a third party spam prevention service.
- If you use PluralKit in your server, we share message IDs with PluralKit to ensure functionality. No personal data nor any other data aside from message IDs is shared with PluralKit.
- Guild data For all the servers you add Aero to, we store guild name, guild id, the guild owner's id, nicknames and roles, as well as the user data of active members as described in (i).
- Message logs If a server administrator enables the message logging feature, Aero will copy all deleted and edited messages in a text channel on that server which you might not have access to.
You can contact us at [email protected] to find out which channel this data is stored in. This data is not stored persistently on any of our servers.
3. Where is my data processed?
The Team is based in Germany. No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing and transferring of your information in and to Germany and other countries. The laws of Germany and other countries governing data collection and use may not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws of the country where you live.
Our servers are located in Germany (Falkenstein).
4. What do you do with my data?
We use your data to:
- (i) Monitor your compliance with our Terms of Service.
- (ii) Allow you to persist and store data and settings.
- (iii) Provide you with technology to combat unsolicited (marketing) messages, i.e. spam.
- (iv) Provide you with technology to combat unwanted users and messages, e.g. through our toxicity and profanity filters.
- (v) Provide community administrators with aforementioned technology.
- (vi) Comply with legal requirements.
We do not sell your data.
5. How long do you store data?
We try to keep the duration that we store your data as low as possible. At most we store:
- (i) Your login credentials to our Service until you terminate your account.
- (ii) Your user data gathered from inside a chat or social platform for no longer than 30 days, as this is only cached and never saved to disk, this is usually considerably shorter.
- (iii) Your messages gathered from inside a chat or social platform for no longer than 30 days, as this is only cached and never saved to disk, this is usually considerably shorter.
- This excludes message logs as they're not stored on our servers, ever.
6. What data do you store about me?
If you want to get access to the exact data we store, please contact us via email at [email protected] with any means of identifying which data belongs to you, e.g. for data related to Discord, this would be a user id. We will then start the process and provide you with a collection of all personal data we collected about you within 30 days, given the identification you provided was sufficient. You have a right to ask us to stop using or limit our use of your personal data in certain circumstances - for example, if we have no lawful basis to keep using your data, or if you think your personal data is inaccurate. In this case, please contact us via email at [email protected] with any means of identifying which data belongs to you, e.g. for data related to Discord, this would be a user id. We will then start the process and remove or modify all required personal data we collected about you within 30 days.